January 31, 2013

Marvin- Pet Portrait illustrated step by step

I've put together a photo series showing the step by step process I used to paint a pet portrait for a friend. I've always wanted to paint pet portraits and I really enjoyed the process. I picked up this technique from kikopup. You can check out her YouTube video right here. I was inspired to attempt this project when I learned that a good friend had lost her beloved pet. I wanted to do something or give her something- to show her I cared and understood the pain she was feeling after Marvin died. So here is the result!


It's Friday!! Don't miss out on all the fun at Paint Party Friday Blog Hop!!




10 comments:

  1. Pet portraits are my thing (well all animals really!) and I love to see other artist's paintings of animals too - this was such a lovely thing to do for your friend and I'm sure she will cherish it. You've captured Marvin's likeness wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful thing for you to do and am sure your friend will deeply appreciate it. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pet portrait you did for your friend. HPPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have I told you that I like the fresh new look of the blog... sure I have... and loved the step by step... great to see your method and the finished product captured the adorable dog so perfectly... awesome...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pet portrait and believe your friend will too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful and loving gesture and portrait. Anyone that loves animals would understand. Happy PPF and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful portrait, what a lovely thing to do to your friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did the same for my best friend and painted a portrait of her deceased dog...she loves it!! Good job!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful gift. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Your comments are dearly appreciated! Enjoy your day!!

Instagram

Blog Archive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Project Coyote